Mountain Madness 2023 is CANCELLED! See below:
Dear Mountain Madness Rider,
Thank you for signing up for the 2023 Mountain Madness Dual Sport Event. Unfortunately, we
have had to make the very difficult decision to cancel the event.
We booked the facility at our usual location at Fort Tuthill County Park. As the event date grew
closer, park officials told us that we would be sharing the park with a popular music festival and
that the expected attendance to the festival was going to be much greater than anyone
As of September 12 th , the park has now placed restrictions on what roads could be used, how
much space we would be allotted and would use the area surrounding our designated site.
When faced with the scenario of trying to put on a great, fun, and relaxed Dual Sport Event amid
what is turning out to be several thousand people at a loud music festival, we realized that we
could not provide the type of event that we ourselves would want to attend.
We take pride in Mountain Madness and this was just not an acceptable scenario for us or our
participants. In addition to hired security, drug sniffing dogs, car searches, and fences
everywhere for crowd control; There would be significant traffic issues the entire weekend which
could impact the safety of our riders.
Your safety is very important to us, and this was an extremely difficult decision. The Coconino
Trail Riders have been working hard to make sure it would be a great experience and we
apologize for any inconvenience as we recognize that this last-minute cancelation impacts plans
and/or vacation for many of you.
If you are still planning on coming to Flagstaff, please contact us through Facebook or
email@example.com and we can give you some ideas for routes. For those of you who
have already signed up, we will provide you with a 25% discount on the next Mountain Madness
event along with a full refund. Next year will be bigger and better!
Coconino Trail Riders
When is it?
- September 23-24, 2023, Sat-Sun. Check-in will begin Friday evening.
What is it?
- A two-day dual sport adventure with headquarters at Fort Tuthill in Flagstaff Arizona. More information to come.
- There will be 4 available routes: Expert (A), Intermediate (B), Novice (C) and a Rally style route
- ABC routes will be approximately 100 miles on Saturday, 70 miles on Sunday
- Rally-style route will be Saturday only and roughly 200 miles
- GPS tracks provided (sorry, no roll charts anymore) and Rally route will have a road book in addition to GPS track
- Start, end and breakfast/dinner at Fort Tuthill
- Saturday lunch will be at a remote location along the routes
- Saturday includes breakfast, lunch and dinner. Sunday includes breakfast only
- AMA membership is required. A single event membership will be available for purchase if you do not have an annual membership
- All bikes must be street legal, licensed and insured